Insurance must provide for the many visitors to your men’s shed.
Who should the insurance policies cover?
Many situations can cause serious financial difficulties if your men’s shed is not properly insured. There will be a lot of people involved including:
- Older men.
- Disabled men.
- Young inexperienced men.
- Contractors to the men’s shed.
Insurance policies should cover
- Public liability.
- Fire and flood.
- Products and services liability.
- Workers compensation.
- Voluntary workers personal accident.
- Off-site activities.
- Association and directors liability.
- Dangerous machines and tools being used.
- Equipment failure.
- Toxic chemicals being used.
- Inflammable chemicals being used.
- Sporting and other events.
- Cash handling.
- Special risks associated with your men’s shed.
Important: Before you enter into a contract with an Insurer, you have a duty to disclose to the Insurer every matter that you know, or could reasonably be expected to know, that is relevant to the Insurer’s decision whether to accept the risk of the insurance and, if so, on what terms.
[read more=”Personal Experience” less=”Personal Experience”]
Seek help from your local insurance broker in securing the best coverage for your particular men’s shed in your particular community. They will be able to negotiate favourable rates on your behalf.
Do- It-Yourself (DIY) insurance is not recommended.