If this is good for them, then it must be good for me.
The fitter you are the more benefits
You will feel better overall, you will feel more energetic, you will feel calmer and more in control, you will feel more confident, you will reduce the risk of disease and your time management will improve out of sight.
Should you have a major trauma with your health coupled with a major trauma in your business, then you really are in serious trouble. Most small business people think that they can just keep going and going forever. Working 14 hour days, 7 days a week eating junk food, not getting the right exercise and still expecting that nothing will go wrong.
A simple Health Management plan starts with nutrition. You cannot expect to work hard without the right fuel. Poor diet is one of the main causes of health problems.
- Put in place a regular exercise program, healthy body, healthy mind.
- Reduce stressors and pressures and avoid stressful situations.
- Drink eight glasses of water each day.
- Put a balance in your daily life, put margins into each activity.
- Ensure you get adequate rest and relaxation and that you get enough sleep.
- Maintain a positive attitude and outlook, most of what people worry about never happens.
- Look back to the past and keep understanding your feelings as you move forward.
- Have an annual medical check up particularly if you are over forty. The occasional bout of flu was all I had to worry about until I was 46.
Improving your communications skills will bring you many benefits. Join a Toastmasters or Rostrum Club to improve your public speaking and communication skills.
- It will help you become confident and more assertive.
- Understand yourself and how you interact with others.
- Feel more confident in your dealings with others.
- Get along better with all types of people.
- Enjoy more meaningful relationships at home, at work and in the community.
- You will be able to avoid and resolve conflicts more quickly and easily.
Practice the techniques you have learned it is a fine to find ideas like this but if you do not practice what you learn it will be of little value. “If you don’t use it you lose it” as the saying goes. By practising what you have learned you will improve your skill levels which will lead to an improving outlook for your life and your business.
“If you think yourself sick, you will be sick”. Tony Holland
Your experiences whether good or bad now give you more power in the market. Well I never, now you probably have more experience than your competitors. There is nothing like going through a disaster or trauma to accentuate your learning curve.
I know that the more emotion attached to learning the better we learn and the better we retain it. If you have been ‘through the mill’ take a few minutes to think about what you have learned throughout the ordeal.
Then write down what you are going to do with the new found knowledge. Remember each experience you have will be one less that you have to have and one more than your competitors.
[read more=”Personal Experience” less=”Personal Experience”]
We all look forward to a long and healthy life. To find optimum well-being and greater business success after a major trauma you should set a new wellness program. Start with actions that will improve your lifestyle and your work/life balance.
For some people, it might mean more surgery, for others, it may mean overcoming emotional challenges. For me, it’s simple, it means recovery and prevention.
There’s are masses of advice on how to optimise your health and well-being. The only problem is that much of it is contradictory and scientifically unsound. In reality, the key to achieving a long and healthy life lies in having a solid foundation of healthy living habits.
The necessary changes in habits often take a major trauma to bring about the necessary changes. A thorough knowledge of personal wellness along with a few tools are essential to helping you no matter what you age.