If done well email could be the key to your marketing puzzle.
What relationships will you be looking after to grow your business?
If your services, help to grow and retain your customers they will automatically grow your business. Email is one way for you to improve your customer service.
With a website and blog in place, you need to start building your email list. While having an anonymous website visitor is great, getting their contact information is much better. That way, you can keep in contact with them, nurture their interest and build trust, while promoting your products and services, even if they don’t come back to your website.
But how do you get website visitors to give you their contact information? These days, offering a newsletter email is not enough to entice your audience. To harvest email addresses from your website, you should:
- Create a free leads magnet, digital content your website visitors want to download. This can be, for example, an eBook, a short course delivered as emails, a video tutorial, a special tool, a report, or something else you can offer for free that your website visitors will want to help them.
- Create a landing page, a web page, that explains the benefits of your business or offer and delivers a lead magnet using automated emails after website visitors submit their contact information in a registration form on the landing page.
- Add highly visible call-to-action buttons that promote the free lead magnet on all your web pages and blog articles. The buttons should have a strong signal colour, actionable text like “Get your FREE eBook on [SUBJECT] now”, and redirect the visitor to the landing page offering the leads magnet.
With these three steps in place, you have an automated leads generation system that starts to collect email addresses. Create a need for your product by solving your customer’s problems and frustrations.
“The mistake people keep making is that if they find a wonderful new tool, like email, they have to give up all others. They don’t. You have simply added another very useful means to your communications repertoire”. Judith Martin
The website visitors, on the other hand, experience the process in reverse order. They will:
- Visit your web pages or blog articles, or see an advertisement you run on social media or in the local newspaper.
- Click a call-to-action button or hypertext link offering something they want for free.
- Read more on the benefits of the offer on the landing page.
- Submit their contact information in the registration form on the landing page.
- Get the free leads magnet using an automated email.
Make sure the leads magnet is truly valuable and helps to build trust. Only promote your products or services in an offhand manner inside the lead magnet; this is not the place for a ‘hard sales pitch’. Just show your expertise and build trust as quickly as possible in your email responses.
[read more=”Personal Experience” less=”Personal Experience”]
Because of the amount of content I generate, I can fill people’s inboxes without much effort.
However that is not the way to go, you need to be very selective by knowing your customer personas and market segments. Spray and Pray are never a good email marketing strategy.