Learning will give you all the wisdom you need, but without action, it all goes down the drain.
Wisdom about action
Without action orientation, you have a reason to be disheartened and have headaches. Routinely tell yourself you’re going to become action oriented and you might just find yourself accidentally forming more productive habits and achieving more than you ever dreamed possible.
Employees, customers, suppliers and investors look for and respect people who can deliver on what they commit to. The concept of “Ready, Fire, Aim” is a theme many successful people practice as a starting point.
Don’t get stuck, work on some new routines to get you action orientated. Success comes to those who don’t just let it happen but go about making it happen by being action oriented.
We view taking action so seriously that we want to leave you with some wisdom from our favourite quotations.
- “If you want to know your past – look into your present conditions. If you want to know your future – look into your present actions”. Chinese Proverb
- “Success begins and ends with you taking personal responsibility for your actions and your ability to identify the next steps and simply take the necessary action”. Peter Sergeant
- “Never confuse movement with action”. Ernest Hemingway
- “You cannot change anything in your life with intention alone, which can become a watered-down occasional hope that you will get to tomorrow. Intention without action is useless”. Caroline Myss
- “Action is the foundational key to all success”. Pablo Picasso
- “People will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold, but so does a hard-boiled egg”. Maya Angelou
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader”. John Quincy Adams
- “I never worry about action, but only about inaction”. Winston Churchill
- “Talk doesn’t cook rice.” – Chinese Proverb
- “Emphasise action plans, nothing happens until someone does something. The business plan can only be implemented with timely actions”. Peter Sergeant
- “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy”. Dale Carnegie
- “You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result”. Mahatma Gandhi
[read more=”Personal Experience” less=”Personal Experience”]
If there is one thing I do know it is this ” The world opens up for those whose actions show that they know where they are going and who are grateful to those who have helped them along the way.